My 2017's Lists and NumbersPublished on
At the end of the year, I like putting lists together and reviewing numbers for the things I managed to keep track of during the year. This is a fun way for me to look back at 2017 through the things I enjoy the most — music, films, concerts, traveling, and games!
In 2017 I visited to 10 cities in 7 contries. To get to these cities and back, I traveled twice by train, 6 times by car, and 7 times by plane.
- Brussels, Belgium
- Liege, Belgium
- Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Cologne, Germany
- Dubrovnik, Croatia
- New York City, USA
- Chicago, USA
- Iowa City, USA
- Paris, France
- Bogotá, Colombia
This year I finally visited New York City, which is, next to Tokyo, among the cities I've always wanted to visit the most. It was definitely the traveling highlight of the year for me.
I attended 10 live shows, for 9 different artists, across 5 different cities in 3 countries.
- Dream Theater — Tilburg
- Between The Buried And Me — Amsterdam
- Devin Townsend — Amsterdam
- Haken — Amsterdam
- Fatboy Slim — Amsterdam
- Snarky Puppy — Eindhoven
- The Shattered Fortress — Tilburg
- La Yegros — Luxembourg
- LCD Soundsystem — Amsterdam
- Dream Theater — New York City
Dream Theater were the first and last live shows I attended during the year. Neat!
I used Spotify almost exclusively to listen to music during 2017.
I listened for a total of 29699 minutes of music during the whole year, which is the same as 495 hours, or 20.6 days. I honestly feel surprised it was this little.
The artist I listened to the most was The Dear Hunter.
The song I listened to the most was People Who Eat Darkness by Steven Wilson.
Overall, my favourite album of the year was To The Bone by Steven Wilson, followed by Arcade Fire's Everything Now.
According to my Film Diary in Letterboxd, which I tried to keep accurate through the whole year, I watched 57 films in 2017.
Out of those, 32 of them I watched at home, 15 on the cinema, and 9 while travelling (of which 4 were while on a plane).
23 of these films I watched on Netflix.
I feel like I didn't watch as many films as I would have liked, so that's something I'll try to improve on next year. This year I also signed-up for Amazon Prime Video, so I hope it makes for more films to watch during next year.
This year I played 31 games, and finished 13 of those.
22 of them were on PS4, 3 on Switch, 4 on Nintendo 2DS, 1 on SNES (Classic Mini), 1 on iOS, and 1 with emulation.
1 of them was a replay.
- Titan Souls — PS4
- Final Fantasy XV — PS4
- Journey — PS4
- FF XV: A King's Tale — PS4
- Inside — PS4
- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Final Mix — PS4
- Kingdom Hearts 2.0 Final Mix — PS4
- Monument Valley 2 — iOS
- Unravel — PS4
- Life Is Strange — PS4
- Mario Kart 7 — Nintendo 2DS
- Super Mario 3D Land — Nintendo 2DS
- Super Mario Odyssey — Switch
- Doom — PS4
- Yakuza 0 — PS4
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age — PS4
- Tearaway: Unfolded — PS4
- Abzú — PS4
- Super Mario Bros. 3 — NES Emulation
- Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2 — SNES Classic Mini
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep — PS4
- Guacamelee — PS4, replay
- Hyper Light Drifter — PS4
- Sonic Mania — PS4
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds — Nintendo 2DS
- Mario And Luigi: Superstar Saga — Nintendo 2DS
- Rocket League — PS4 + Switch
- Downwell — PS4
- Street Fighter V — PS4
- Tricky Towers — PS4
- Mario Kart 8 DX — Switch
And without a doubt Super Mario Odyssey is my favourite game of the year.
Highlights of 2017 #
- Visiting the US was something I always wanted to do, and this year I finally got the chance to do it for the first time. It was a great experience altogether, specially NYC!
- In preparation for visiting Japan (hopefully next year!) I started learning Japanese!
- In Dubrovnik, I rode a water motor ski for the first time — it was pretty exciting. Also, stressful.
- At work, I was promoted to Technical Lead for my Frontend development team.
- The biggest one was getting engaged with my girlfriend Andrea. I proposed to her in the middle of the Brookly Bridge in New York - a culmination of personal goals coming together right there and then.
More about: end-of-year stats